Thursday, June 11, 2009

the week I say "YES", to beer

Totally unintended, I seem to be on a roll.

Monday: Got out of bed shortly before midnight and drove to Jughead's house. Together, with Christopher McGrath, we watched Iron Maiden Live DVD's, ate McChickens and fries, and drank the rest of a keg that Jughead brewed last month. (It had to be emptied so he could fill it with new beer that he brewed for my birthday party-- a Canadian lager!)

Tuesday: Drank Chatterbox Pub's delightful Chit Chat Belgian White Ale with dinner. Then went to Grumpy's (in my neighborhood) and enjoyed a Surly Coffee Bender (my favorite) and a Cynic.

Wednesday: Was whisked away from my house-cleaning by my roommate, Matt and his friend, Matt (Jughead is #1, but these are my other two favorite Matt's). We went to Mayslack's, which is also in my neighborhood, and had 30-cent wings and pitchers of Fat Tire.

Tomorrow is my birthday, so that is pretty much a given (even though I am making a rum punch that I am very excited about!). I don't have any plans tonight, but the possibility of more beer definitely exists.

Next week-- no alcohol! To cut the calories alone!

No comments: