Monday, June 29, 2009

the fastest weekend ever

After a major traffic delay, Jughead and I made it to London, WI around 10:30 PM on Friday night. Mom was up, and she had made up the couch for us and put fortune cookies on the pillows! (Mine said, "You will be successful in your future endeavors.")

Saturday we hung out. The weather was beautiful. Meg, Chuk and Atlas came over in the early afternoon, and we really enjoyed feeding Atlas some watermelon and watching him struggle with the new texture. He also crawled, picked at grass, chewed on a leaf, and drowsed in the hammock with Jughead.


Around 4:30, we left for Madison. (New Tan Diane is back! I'm paranoid about rattles and shakes after all the damage that had to be repaired, but they did a good job and she looks pretty good, considering.) I parked my car at Don's house and we took a cab downtown to MMoCA for the reception.


Everything was beautiful! Upon threat of rain, the event was held in the first floor atrium instead of the rooftop garden, but I think it was even better that way. Beautiful guests, beautiful food, beautiful flowers... and we finally got to meet the husband! We drank a lot, I danced (!), I gave an impromptu speech! (I called Nicolette today to make sure that I didn't embarass her, but she said it was a good thing.) I changed out of my dress, and we went up to The Frequency for the after-party around 11:30. Jughead and I snuck out to get Philly-cheesesteak pizza slices from Ian's, and on the way back to the bar, we bumped into the bride and groom on the sidewalk. They were on their way to their hotel, so I am really glad that we got to say goodbye.

Woke up at the RaccoonBear City (Don's house) on Sunday morning, briiiiight and early. We were still "a little buzzed", which became "a little hung-over", but luckily we had several awesome friends around to cook breakfast for us, and eat breakfast with us, and have lots of good laughs with us. We didn't want to leave!

More photos available HERE.

No comments: