Thursday, June 4, 2009

loaf of the gods

Jughead and I have both had cravings for meatloaf in the past few weeks, no real explanation for it. Last night I decided to throw one together, and I gave him some leftovers.

I used a pound of ground turkey and half a pound of lean ground beef. I put in a clove of garlic, about 1/4 cup of finely minced yellow onion, some dried Italian herbs, and black pepper. Beaten egg, bread crumbs, you know the deal. I should have thrown in a handful of oatmeal or more crumbs or something, because it ended up a little soft, but oh well. I put a little store-brand A1 sauce on the top mid-baking, and it was delicious.

Had a slice with carrots and orange bell pepper, steamed with fresh rosemary and a bit of butter. Drank a teacup full of white wine and had a scoop of cookie dough ice cream after I washed the dishes.

Cooking for one can be a drag, but last night was an effortless and tasty success!

No comments: