Yesterday evening, about 8:30 PM, walking up Nicollet Mall towards Target:
There was a small group of people on the street, holding signs that said something to the effect of:
"If you died tonight, would you be 100% sure that you'd go to Heaven?"
Man holding sign: Are you 100% sure that you'll go to Heaven, ma'am?
Me: This isn't something that I need to talk to you about.
Man: Are you sure?
Me: If you're 100% sure, that's good enough for me.
It only took about 5 seconds, and I didn't have to stop walking. It felt GREAT!
2 comments:
i bet that felt good! i hope i can be as quick witted next time i'm in a similar spot.
sadly, i have stories from when i was on the flip side of that situation. you may have inspired a blog entry. :-)
Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to offend any of my readers who have a particular faith...
I just find being asked very personal questions by strangers on the street to be incredibly distasteful. : )
Post a Comment