Today was pretty dang awesome-- let me count the ways!
- Got to take my client to a Twin's game! We went with a small group of seniors/staff from Ebenezer Senior Living.
- My client occasionally volunteers at the Senior Living home, so we both got our tickets to the game for free! I also got PAID for my time there, because I was technically taking my client to a volunteer activity.
- I got to go to the Metrodome for the first time and ate a delicious "Dome Dog" (see above).
- I got to see the Twins for the first time.
- It was the second major league game I've ever been to-- the first was a (cold, windy) Brewer's game with my 5th grade class more than 14 years ago.
- I got to meet 10 really wonderful seniors, and spent most of the game with a woman who was REALLY excited about being there! She kept telling me how helpful I was being and how much more she enjoyed the game because I was there. She was really funny and sweet and she says I should come and visit her at Ebenezer (and I think I will).
- This is probably the 17th day in a row of beautiful, sunny, breezy, 70-degree weather.
- Watching people realize they were on the jumbo-tron at the game was really fun-- especially the "kissing cam"!
- I know I am going to be getting two (modest) paychecks tomorrow, and that makes me feel relieved that I can pay my utility bill.
Hooray! Time for a bike-ride...
No comments:
Post a Comment