Saturday, June 6, 2009

listening to Gershwin

Slept until 11:15 (!) today. Woke up to the sound of falling rain and admired the way there are three pillows on my bed, but Jughead still needed to share one with me.

We enjoyed sleeping so late because we snuck out of a show at the Turf Club last night around 12:30 and got White Castle and went to bed. We really wanted to stay and see Seawhores, but we were having conversations by writing notes on the backs of receipts that I had in my wallet and then I ran out of receipts and we realized how tired we were and we decided to be grown ups and just call it a night.

Had a deeelicious breakfast at the Modern Cafe, which is right in my neighborhood. It's a lot like what I want my cafe to be like when I have one some day-- except my waitstaff will be much friendlier and there will be more quirky/kitchy/accessories and curtains. I had the Modern Hash, which had big juicy chunks of potroast in it (!!!). Also roasted red peppers and onions and hashbrowns and it was topped with two eggs that were actually over-medium. Hooray!

The best part of breakfast was that I got to eat it with Jughead, Jenna, Don, Beth and Katie. The worst part was that Jug had to eat really quickly and leave so he could get to work on time. It's his second day in his new job, and I think he's really going to enjoy it!

Now I am in bed (but not under the sheets) with music, tea and my laptop. It is still raining, which is good because the gardens really needed it. Here's to a peaceful, relaxing Saturday afternoon.

No comments: