After work, I met up with Jenna, when she arrived in town. We went to Via's Vintage for a bit, then to my house so we could get ready for the evening. Jenna came to town to perform in the Carnivale of Mischief and Mayhem as her burlesque persona, Moxie Rhodes. Everyone was great! Lots of sexy dancing and singing and fancy costumes... Jughead, Beth and a friend were there too, which made it even better.
When we got back to my house, Screamin' Cyn Cyn and the Pons were there! They are such good friends... we stayed up very very late and had a grand time.
Slept away the morning, and had lunch at Psycho Suzi's with the Pons, Jughead, Jenna, my roommates Charles, Elliot and Matt, and Matt's girlfriend, Laura.
Later, after Jughead had gone to work andthe Pons had gone back to Madison, Charles, Jenna, Elliot and myself went to Unique Thrift Store. I found a great old picnic basket for $2.50!
Jenna and I had dinner at Cali's Vietnamese, and my mock duck with lemongrass was super-tasty. Then we went to the grocery store, got espresso from Diamond's and walked the dog.
The rest of the night involved a good deal of whiskey, several cans of Strongbow, a tallboy of High Life and about a million coinscidences and small-world situations! For a variety of reasons, went to Stasiu's, Cabooze and Palmer's. Wee-ow!
Started this morning with bacon, coffee, fresh blueberries, golden cherries and gingerbread pancakes that I adapted from THIS recipe. We watched "Mr. Mom" on TV (terrible, although I will never stop loving Teri Garr). Jenna took a nap, and Jughead and I walked over to a park near my house and sat on a blanket for a while. The weather is nice again, and it felt really good to just sit and chat.
Around 3:00 Jughead went home for band practice, and I took Jenna back to where her car was parked so she could go home.
I got some groceries, made angel-hair pasta with carrots, broccoli, pieces of chicken breast, lots of lemon zest and pepper and fresh basil.
I talked to my sister, Aja, on the phone for about 30 seconds before she lost reception.
Soon, I will ride my bike down to 331 Club and have trivia night with Kate, Derek and a new friend!
Hooooooray!
3 comments:
We both used multiple "wow"s in the first paragraph of our blogs today. Weeeeird.
Weeeeird? I think you mean... wow.
<3
Horizontal stripes party on the couch?! Whahhhh??? Impromptu?
Post a Comment