Wednesday, July 15, 2009

in an attempt at self-soothing

Does one ever adjust to a life of intensities? I can't remember a time in the recent past when I wasn't feeling something with intensity. The highs (all 5 of them) have been very high-- and the lows (what feels like 5 billion of them) have been very low. Which actually means they have been very high, because the lows have been full of very strong anxiety and emotions.

*sigh*. Okay, I need to make a list.

- My friends are unbelievably supportive, intelligent, generous and clever. (Many of them live far away right now, but the internet helps, somewhat.)

- My family is unbelievably resilient, self-sacrificing, caring and comforting. (I would give anything to have them closer to me now, but it's just not in the cards.)

- My boyfriend is unbelievably patient, sweet and dedicated. He's been working 16 to 18 hours almost every day, even going straight through the weekends sometimes, so I feel like a dope when I complain to him about being tired. I don't think he (or anyone) can fully understand the frustration that I'm going through at work, but he is patient enough to listen to me spill my guts.

- I am generally healthy and attractive. Last time I tried to buy a pair of pants, the tag said size two. That's got to be some kind of marketing ploy, but I'm not going to pretend that it didn't make me feel good (though not good enough to buy them). I'm taking pretty good care of myself, and my hair is out of the "awkward stage" of growing out.

- My neighborhood is beautiful. There are dozens of tree-filled parks and sweet little hang-out places. I'm going to make time to enjoy some of them this weekend.

- In a week or two, I will have hundreds of little yellow and red tomatoes! With the bare minimum of weeding and watering, my garden has been growing like crazy. I will try to remember to take some more photos soon.

- Jenna gave me THIS BOOK for my birthday, and it's totally perfect for me. I believe everybody should have an autobiography, even if it's just a series of lists.

No comments: