Pale:
anemic, ashen, blanched, bleached, bloodless, cadaverous, colorless, deathlike, dim, doughy, dull, faded faint, feeble, ghastly, haggard, inadequate, insubstantial, lurid, pallid, pasty, poor, sallow, sick, sickly, spectral, unsubstantial, wan, washed-out, waxen, weak, whitish
Tan:
biscuit, bronze, buff, cream, ecru, gold, khaki, natural, sand, suntan, tawny, umber, burnished, chestnut, copper, russet, amber auburn, chocolate, cinnamon, cocoa, coffee, fawn, ginger, hazel, henna, mahogany, ochre, sepia, sorrel, terra-cotta, toast
I know it's only going to last a few days, and I know it's not really very healthy at all... but I'm the tannest that I've been since I was 14 and I spent the summer canoeing, showing goats at the fair, and cruising the midway.
Girls in middle school and high school were obsessed with going to tanning beds. Back then, I was embarrassed and ashamed of being so... white. That word was spit out of their mouths like a bad flavor. It was as repulsive as the thought of not having Doc Marten sandals.
These days, I treasure my translucence... my luminescence. My grandma always called me peaches and cream.
But I gotta say, now that I'm tan (at least, in certain lighting), I like it. I look summery and relaxed, and that's an illusion I'm okay with.
No comments:
Post a Comment