My mom and I have often commented, while thrifting, how sad and strange it is that people give away picture frames that still have family photos in them. It just doesn't make sense.
Lo and behold, last night I found a modern black frame with four holes cut in the mat, and four old family photos in them. After a little investigating, I knew I had to rescue them. I quickly opened the back of the frame, slipped the photos into the wordsearch book that lives in my purse, and put the frame back on the shelf. Let me show you...

This one is lovely, if a little damaged. The writing on the bottom says, "Alice, Husband (I think?) and Marion."
I suppose the picture was too small for the frame, so someone taped this piece of cardboard to the back. It's painted with acrylic paint, so it feels rough and dry.
This picture stood out, mainly because of the color and the time-period. And it's a little eery, isn't it?
I LOVE these next two! It reminds me of some pictures of my dad and uncle when they were kids... messing around in the yard, my dad standing on top of Nick's shoulders, shirtless and grinning like a little monkey. The expressions in this one are serious though, and I like that.
Here's the second. Isn't that wonderful?! The date stamped on the back says 1943.Now, here is the real treasure... this one was inside the frame, behind one of the others:
Look at the details... their faces, their rings. The "50" in the wreath above their heads.Here's the back:
"50th Wedding anniversarywere married 60 years
Aunt Anna passed away at
age 86 and her husband
at age 93."
So special. To me, anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment