Blog-wise, anyway. I really terrible job of updating in June, mostly because it is my favorite month of the year and so JAM PACKED with activities. I'll give you a feeble re-cap now, and will post at least once a week in July.
What makes the summer go by so quickly for me, is that I have virtually no regular schedule or routine. It's a huge jumbly-tangle of working for money, working for self-improvement and socializing. Then late August shows up and I say, "I never went to the beach! I never went camping! I never went skinny-dipping! What the hell DID I do?!"
JUNE 2010:
- Got hired by the company that staffs vendors at Target Field (the new MN Twins stadium)! (My next post will tell you exactly why I had to phrase this the way I did...)
- Had my first summer seminar class: "Family Stress and Coping" on the 4th and 5th. It was really basic, and kind of felt like a waste of my Friday and Saturday... but I got an "A"
- Turned 25! My party was so unbelievably fun (despite the wet and chilly weather), that there's almost no photo documentation of it at all. That's my only regret. So far, I love being 25.
- Had my second summer seminar class: "Family End of Life Decision Making". This class MORE than made up for the tedium of the first one; it was probably the most interesting, engaging and useful course I have ever taken! And, maybe because this is my personal passion and exactly what I want to work on in my future career, I got another "A". (Even though this was a 8-4 Friday and Saturday thing, I still managed to go to Kate's bachelorette party on Friday night, and her wedding shower on Sunday. Good stuff.)
- Visited in WI. My mom's birthday is this Saturday (a big decade year for her, ooo!), but since I will be at the aforementioned Kate's wedding, I won't be able to be with her. Last weekend I went down for a three-day visit, and we had a lovely time together. Photos can be seen HERE.
More to come, folks! I hope you're all having a fun and relaxing season...
No comments:
Post a Comment