Friday, July 2, 2010

and while I'm at it...

I'm just going to vent once more...

I signed up for 11 credits at the beginning of the summer and thought, "Well, I'll be busy, but I'll be that much closer to graduating."

Then I found out my financial aid money was short by about $1500. Rather than pay that out of pocket (like I did, or rather, like Jughead did last summer)... I dropped two classes to bring it down to a more manageable workload (and cost) of 7 credits.

Last week they took back one of my Pell grants, saying that I have to be enrolled in 8-10 credits in order to receive it.

Not fair! Too many classes? We won't give you money. Not enough classes? We won't give you money. And this time I thought I had it figured out!

Not only am I upset because I really really don't have an extra $300 laying around right now, but because I tried SO HARD to avoid this type of situation.

I just can't get this right. I'm gonna go take a shower now and feel outraged.

No comments: