Friday, July 30, 2010

I love my brain! (Post #201!)

Sometimes I wake up in the morning, smiling, "on the edge of a dream I just missed remembering." (Sylvia Plath)

So many of my co-workers and friends have been raving about the movie, "Inception." From what I've heard, it's mind-bending and contains a super-sexy suave Joseph Gordon-Levitt... but I have absolutely no idea what the story is about. Nobody wants to "ruin it for me" so they haven't told me anything about the plot!

That didn't keep my brain from coming up with something amazing while I slept last night. It was some kind of mysterious, compelling, R-rated mash-up of Mad Men, "500 Days of Summer," and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." There was even a twist ending! I'm sure the actual movie is nothing like that, but since I'm also pretty sure I won't have time to see it while it's in the theater, my mind made something up to satisfy my curiosity.
All the while, in my dream, I kept thinking... "They were right... 'Inception' is great!"

Thank you, Brain!

No comments: