
This photo sums the past week for me pretty well.
Today I am grateful for:
- Paul Brill
- The Album Leaf
- Do Make Say Think
- Dirty Three
- Julie Doiron & The Wooden Stars
- The Earlies
- One Mile North
- Nick Drake
- Raising the Fawn
- Pedro the Lion
- Gustavo Santolalla
- Jim Guthrie
In the past, times of trouble have inspired me to get back in touch with music. What do you listen to when you need to focus? When you want to feel sorry for yourself, but not too much? When you want to be sensitive to the tender bruises on your heart, but you want to remind it to keep beating? When you feel powerful and powerless and inspired and beaten all at once?
Photo by Micah Aponce
1 comment:
I have an awesome Bad Day mix that is full of pouty and uplifty music if you want a copy. It's a bit cheesy but I love it! A friend made it for me in France when my house was going under.
Post a Comment