As I was waking up this morning, I thought, "Gee, this doesn't feel quite as bad as other Monday mornings..." and I realized it was definitely because I only had one alcoholic beverage, and got roughly 30 hours of sleep since Friday afternoon. Whew! My throat is still sore, but the rest of my body feels okay, and I had another great workout this morning in class.
I did my taxes yesterday, and it took a little over two hours (mostly because I needed some information from the U of M billing website, and it was undergoing routine maintenance.) I ended up with a pretty hefty return, which I actually feel less good about now that I've realize exactly how much I've paid to the University in the past two years. It's pretty sickening. When I was done, I used my momentum to fill out my FAFSA for the next year, and it looks like I am eligible for more grants than before, so that's good.
I plan to use my tax return to pay down debt from four different sources (ouch), and I would also really like to get a good winter coat. I used to think the puffy jackets with fur hoods just looked silly, but waiting for buses in sub-zero conditions on a daily basis has made me put that thought aside. I'm thinking of getting something like THIS.
After I finished up my tax stuff, Jughead and I went to IKEA and bought a couch for our living room. Actually, it's a loveseat, and it barely fits... but we don't have to sit on the floor anymore! It looks similar to THIS, but it's only 65 inches wide, and the color is listed as "Sand".
We finished up the evening with some take-out Vietnamese and a few episodes of Planet Earth... quite nice.
1 comment:
I have a coat that looks exaactly like that. It is DKNY and it is fabulous. You will sweat in 0 degree weather.
Post a Comment