
That's how I describe the joy of finding a new book to love! That feeling of anticipation... when I just can't wait to pick it up again!
For good or bad, I often read my favorite books over and over again (some of them, maybe 3 or 4 times a year), and it's harder for me to find something brand new. Having a recommendation is good, or getting a book for a gift, but there was a time in my past when I would go to the library and come home with 20 books I'd never even heard of, and then read them all, one by one. Now, with so little time free for precious pleasure-reading, I stick with my favorites. I know they won't disappoint me.
Last month, I bought a book of short stories for adults by Roald Dahl, and I couldn't be more pleased! The first story is only 2 or 3 pages, but it has a chillingingly eerie and preposterous Edward Gorey feeling... so good! The second story is almost science-fiction, and it has some really satisfying characters. Hurrah! I'm so happy...
No comments:
Post a Comment