Tuesday, February 16, 2010

college teaches you a lot about yourself

For example, three of my five classes are teaching me that, for a variety of physical and sociological reasons, I should have a baby as soon as possible.

A fourth class is teaching me that I will never be able to afford to.

My fifth class is teaching me that I like writing essays.

Thoughts?





(Art by Jason Levesque)

2 comments:

Dee-Oh-Ehn said...

Not that you really want my input, but...

Have a baby when you (and your partner) want to have a baby and can, with absolute certainty, provide appropriately for it. Not when society says it's time. Not when your hormones compel you. When you're consciously, rationally ready and prepared.

The fourth class is probably right, sorry to say (and it's likely true for most everyone at this point).

Number five is the real gem here. Spend as much time as you can writing and reading, and forget the whole progeny thing.

Anonymous said...

I for one think you would make a fantastic mother. You probably could have done a really good job even before now, but you're like a red wine, dear. Have that adorable little munchkin as soon as you are ready and then let me play with it!!!
And don't worry, our parents couldn't afford us either, but we're just fine!