Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the end of 09...

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I can't, but I am almost constantly marveling at the "time flies" phenomenon. I suppose anyone with a blog is listing their "best-of's", "worst-of's" and "next year's" right now, and this seems like a good time to join in.

Things I would like to try, change, add or do better in 2010:
- Blogging. Let's start with a small one. I have really enjoyed typing my little notes here, and I started to get more creative/more involved over the summer. When I'm in classes, I'm much busier, but I would like to write here with a little more regularity next year.

- Fitness. I am taking a "conditioning" class this coming semester, and I am looking forward to the challenge. I know I am healthy, and my diet is very good, but I am eager to utilize the many resources I have to add some physical activity to my life.

- Career exploration. I am getting closer and closer to finishing my degree (don't ask me exactly how long, it all depends on how hard I am able to push myself...), and I've learned a lot recently about different settings that I could work in. I would like to do more research on specific organizations and companies, and set up some informational interviews with people in my prospective field. I've learned so much about relationship-building and worldview... I know that it's up to me to find people who do what I want to do, and start asking serious questions. I am excited.

- Being the best friend and partner I can be. Some of my favorite friends are getting married in the upcoming year, and I am absolutely honored to be part of their preparations and celebrations. I want to do everything that I can to fulfill my roles, and be as supportive and available as possible, to all of my friends. As for Jughead, I am ever-appreciative of his generosity, good humor and affection. I tell him and show him that as much as I can, and I plan to continue that.

I'm ready for you, 2010.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you in 2010!