Wednesday, December 30, 2009

time off

The past week and a half have been wonderfully liberating and relaxing: all I had to do was remove 40 hours of obligations from my week-- go figure!

Here are some things I have done with my free time:
- Played the PS3. Jug bought "Critter Crunch" for me a couple weeks ago, and I am totally hooked! It's part logic puzzle, part speed and part Tetris.

- Cooked good food. Beef stew with stout, home-made pizzas and calzones, lentil stew with ham hock, turkey and pepper cornbread pie, and just last night, a BIG stir-fry in the new wok that Jughead gave me. Relaxing and delicious... satisfying!

- Worked at The Local. I am getting more hours per week now that I'm not in school, but not having 30 thousand other things on my plate makes the work more enjoyable. I wish I got paid more, but for the most part, it's a fun place to work and my co-workers are swell.

- Had a GREAT Christmas in Wisconsin! Meggen, Aja and Atlas were all able to come out for a good day and a half each (overlapping on the 25th). I ate TONS of food, gave and received lovely gifts, played a million games of cribbage with Mom, Bob and Tim, got the right front wheel on my car fixed (which had been a problem for a few months)... All around lovely. You can see the photos HERE.

No comments: