Tuesday, August 18, 2009

some cheap-o tips for self-improvement

Got hot, sweaty, tired feet? Well I sure do! And because I also had some things in my kitchen that I wasn't using, I whipped up a batch of this:

Fresh Mint Salt Scrub
1. Take a bunch of fresh mint, whatever you've got, and chop it up in a food processor, stems and all.

2. Put the mint in a bowl and pour in a bunch of salt. I just used iodized table salt, because I bought some a while ago (for like, 20 cents) and I never ever use it. You could use Epsom salt, or kosher salt, or sea salt, or something fancier, but whatever-- the cheap stuff works.

3. Put in a glug or two of olive oil (again, cheaper is better). Just add a tiny bit of oil at first, and mix it with a fork until it's the right texture.

4. Make sure you don't have any cuts or broken skin on your hands and feet before you use it!

I'll let you in on another tip: Super-cheap whitening mouthwash!

1. Get a big bottle of store-brand Listerine, whatever flavor you like.

2. Pour some of it into an empty bottle or jar and give that to someone who can stand the really intense burning feeling (not me).

3. Fill the mouthwash bottle back up with hydrogen peroxide.

If you use whitening toothpaste already, this might make your teeth too sensitive. But, if like me, you get cheap toothpaste, or just use baking soda, this rinse is a good way to freshen your mouth and brighten up your teeth!

No comments: