Monday, November 30, 2009

so long, November

Thanksgiving was great. I got to spend almost four whole days in Wisconsin, and I split my time fairly evenly between friends in Madison and family in London. Atlas can walk! I went fishing with Mom, Bob and Tim! I re-learned cribbage!


Good news this evening! Jughead had planned to stay at his job with Lunds through the winter, thinking he needed to be there until May to earn his pension. After making a phone call today (on the clock-- thank you, Union!) he learned that he actually became "vested" sometime in October. He's earned a pension! When he turns 65, he will have a little more than Social Security (if that even exists in 38 years) to rely on. The bottom line is, he's accomplished a goal, and now he has the freedom to pursue other endeavors. I'm very happy for him.

We've been in the new place for two weeks, but it's far from finished. The kitchen and bathroom are basically set, and well-stocked at that, but the bedrooms and living room still require major rearrangement and unpacking. We need to buy a (very small) couch. Living together is really fun and comfortable.

Hello December...

No comments: