Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm crazy to be drinking strong coffee at 8 PM...

but it's the only way I was able to get any work accomplished this evening.* Knowing that I can NOT do homework at home (and never could), I dragged myself across the street to Diamond's Coffee Shoppe** to do some writing. Don't shrug this off; once I get home in the evening, it's nearly impossible for me to get out of the house again.

So yeah, I've already finished two of the three tasks that I set out to an hour ago. All three are "catching up" kind of projects too, so that feels pretty good. How did it get to be Thursday again already?! Sheesh! I have a few more things to do tonight, because I really want to go into the weekend with a clear conscience.

Here's something that's bugging me: I can't find some of my stuff. And not just my favorite pen (I found that this morning, thank goodness), but three pretty substantial items.
1. A ring that Meggen gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I really love it, and I got a lot of compliments on it, and I almost lost it once inside Trader Joe's (that's a great story, I'll tell you about it sometime), but this time it seems to be gone for real.
2. My glasses with the big, brown frames. I am not the type to lose a pair of glasses, (well, I thought I wasn't...) so this seems really wrong.
3. MY MP3 PLAYER! I've checked every coat pocket, every purse, every drawer... no clue.

The worst part is, I have thoroughly cleaned my room and gone through all my clothes and bags since these items disappeared (it's been a few months), and that didn't help. I'm pretty bummed.

Something pretty cool: I think I'm going to start collecting quotations in earnest. I've always really liked to read quotes, and use them for various creative projects, but now I want to write them down. I have so many little notebooks, I'm looking forward to doing this. I think it could be therapeutic.

I'll leave you with a good one:
"Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say."
-Sharon O'Brien







*"But Alisha," you say, "you can eat and drink other things besides strong coffee at a coffee shop." "Well, yeah," I reply, "but it tasted really good."

**I totally hate it when people add the extra "p" and the "e" to the word "shop". It's on the pet peeves list, along with the expression "pet peeves".

No comments: