Today, as I was walking home from the bus stop, I noticed two people standing on the curb across the street, embracing. They were both postal carriers, both sturdy Minnesotans in their early 50's, and as I walked past, they gave each other a nice big smooch. Then the man walked toward his vehicle, a PO minivan, and the woman crossed the street toward her right-side driving cube truck. I noticed that she was carrying a take-out box, and I figured they had just met for lunch, and were on their way back to work after the lunch-break.
I can't help but wonder when I see things like that. Are they a couple because they both work as mail carriers, or are they both mail carriers because they are a couple? Do they always work similar routes and schedules? What kinds of re-tellings do they share when they get home from work?
I dunno... I just like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment