...In the year 2010 and in degrees! Whew! We have already had several 90 + degree days here, and it is humid humid HUMID. I'm not really complaining though, all the sunshine and color makes me feel like I can handle anything. I have been wearing dresses and skirts nearly every day, and riding my bike whenever I can.
Here's a list of good things that are recent, ongoing and/or upcoming:
- Mom came to visit! We had three, full, wonderful days together (before the heat wave), and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. It was as close to a vacation as I'm going to get this year, and I loved it.
- My final grades came in: I got two A's, two A minuses and one C. I am pleasantly surprised! My first summer seminar is happening next weekend ("Family Stress and Coping Strategies"), and I hope it will be interesting.
- Andrea came to visit! It was a whirlwind-- only about 14 hours, including overnight, but it was lovely to see such a dear old friend.
- My birthday is two weeks away, and I am looking forward to having a big ol' backyard picnic. Mom, Meggen and ATLAS will be coming, and it doesn't get much better than that. In some ways I feel much older than 25, and in some ways I feel under-accomplished, but I always look forward to a new cycle.
- Jughead and I have been having some great, constructive conversations. They're not always fun, but I do feel good about communicating and understanding each other better.
- I have been working a lot. That does NOT mean that I'm rolling in dough... but my co-workers are fun, and I do notice a little flexibility in the bank account.
- Summer summer summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment