Sunday, May 23, 2010

I live in a sad, fucked-up world.

I worked REALLY hard tonight. I make $9.00 an hour. I went out for a drink with my co-worker when I was done. Had a free shot, a free drink, spent about $15.00...

I waited for a bus on Nicollet Avenue for more than 40 minutes. Finally I decided to take a cab, and got into a car driven by an old Indian man with no teeth.

We talked the whole way home; about baseball stadiums and needy clients and the weather. He was friendly and funny and clever.

We got to my house, I paid the bill with my bank debit card, and I gave him $7.00 cash for a tip. I don't think he had ever seen a cash tip before. He said, "Are you serious?! Tank you tank you! You very special lady!"

I got out and walked toward my house, and he drove away saying, "You wonderful woman!"-- out the window. I don't know how to feel.

I'm going to have some toast, and go to sleep in my big, white bed.

No comments: