Wednesday, September 9, 2009

luck o' the Irish: coincidences abound!

It seems like I can see everything from my host stand at The Local! Last week Sunday, I spotted a friend from high school, Chris van Ommeren, walking down Nicollet Mall. I poked my head out the front door and called to him, and he came inside for a nice chat. (The very next day I saw his girlfriend at IKEA-- too weird!)

A few days after that, I saw Jolene and Adrian (the friends I had taken to IKEA with me) across the street from the pub. Adrian had just secured a job a block away, so we went out for a beer to celebrate!

Tonight, one of my supervisors from Captel came in for a happy hour drink. He moved away from Madison about a year before I did, and I haven't seen him since. He was someone I always enjoyed working with, and it was great to catch up with him. He's attending law school at St. Thomas University, which is also downtown, so I may see him again soon!

I went to my first HECUA MUST* meeting today. First, I waved to a girl on the bus to St. Paul when I saw her carrying a book that we were asked to buy for the program. She came and sat by me and I introduced myself. Then, when we got to class, I recognized a girl from my statistics class last spring, and I told her so (I also told her that I recognized her because I like her hair-- I'm not shy).

Now, here's the big one: I also met a girl in class today who, 1) lives in NE, about 6 blocks West of me 2) is interning for the same organization I am, albeit in a different department and 3) works at Key's Cafe, ONE block East of the Local! The truly great part is that she always drives everywhere. I got a ride to work with her this afternoon after class, and I wasn't made late by taking the bus! She's picking me up at 8:00 tomorrow! This is so great!

*Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs Metro Urban Studies

3 comments:

Weetatertot said...

Which Sup? I'm guessing either Jason or Jesse Paulsen. Those are the only 2 I know of who moved to Mpls.

Heuss! said...

Jesse Paulson moved here?!

Yep, it was Jason Raether. ; )

Elliot said...

how the hell is jason? tell me best of luck for me if you see him again