In case I convinced any of you that I was really hopeless, miserable and utterly downtrod in the last month... Here's a list that will make you say, "Whew-- Alisha is back to her old self!"
- I talked to Tim today; the total cost of repairs to my car is $900. That's LESS THAN HALF of what I was quoted by "Bobby & Steve's" on Central Ave. Don't ever go there. This price also includes a new rear-view mirror on the driver's side (because mine was no longer adjustable), and a replacement windshield (because the old one had a little crack down by the wiper). TIM IS AWESOME, and I will never be able to thank him enough.
- The weather is beautiful! Memorial Day weekend was breath-taking, and I spent most of it outdoors (much of it with one of my sisters and her husband and my unbelievably sweet nephew!). Last night the mister and I took Beans for a loooong walk in the neighborhood and admired all the unique houses and beautiful lawns and fantastic trees. I have plans for a bike ride and a picnic this weekend! This region threatens to KILL YOU for months at a time; but if you make it through, you are rewarded tenfold.
- Work is looking up. I am working a steady 24 hours a week for Pinnacle Services now, with the option to pick up some Fridays or weekends as a fill-in. I've officially moved from the Independent Living Skills program to Supported Employment Services, which is really great, because I get to help adults with disabilities find jobs or perform their jobs well, instead of grappling with teenagers with long lists of social and behavioral problems. I am also still visiting the blind woman a few times a week. It's all very flexible (read: kind of unreliable), but Pinnacle is trying very hard to make me happy. They're a great company, and I really feel like I have a future with them, so nurturing the relationships I have is a good thing. (Extra good because NONE of the 20-or-so resumes I sent out yielded any interviews-- ?!?!)
- I have a lot to look forward to in the next few months, including MY 24th BIRTHDAY, a fabulous wedding reception in Madison, a TOTALLY KICK-ASS canoeing trip on the Wisconsin river, a unique dining experience in Northern MN and a very exciting wedding in October. My living arrangements will probably change in October also, and the fall semester is going to be unlike anything I've ever done before.
- (Warning: mushy/sentimental content ahead) I am totally in love with my boyfriend (and I hope he doesn't feel too weird that I am writing it in a blog). We've been together nearly 10 months, and I am blown away by how natural, comfortable and wonderful our time together is. He makes me feel very appreciated and cared-for.
I'M BACK! My life is overwhelming and very FULL-- but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
2 comments:
Huzzah to all of the above!
And you didn't get responses from any of those other jobs because those things weren't meant to be. For serious.
YES!!! All smiles and coziness in your direction, Lady!
And you totally nailed Bobby and Steve's. They have a track record of terrible service and community relations. Not to mention their deep connections within many municipalities.
Post a Comment