What a kick-ass day! I woke up on time (for the first time in WEEKS, I swear), planning on being at work at 8:30. Had enough time to make my lunch, have a good breakfast, start some laundry... and when I checked my email I found out that my client wanted to cancel today. No complaints.
After taking 90% of my sweaters out of my closet, and swapping them for my summer things in the attic, I headed outside.
I fully admit to having an obsessive-compulsive streak in me, and once I started raking up the dead leaves on the lawn, I couldn't stop!
- Raked all the leaves
- Edged the lawn around the sidewalks
- Pulled out ALL the stinging nettles from the flower bed (note: should have worn gloves)
- Replanted the beds with catnip and spearmint in one, cosmos, zinnias and marigolds in the other.
- Dumped out all the dead potted plants from last season and re-planted some rosemary, basil, parsley and lavender.
- Raked and prepped the garden space, and even worked in the contents of my adolescent compost bucket (figuring the worms will make faster work of it in the ground).
- Swept all the sidewalks, the steps and made a nice "butt bucket" for the smokers.
Just rewarded myself with a nice long shower and a Leinie's Honey Weiss.
Sadly, if you've never seen my house before, I doubt you'd notice the change. Nobody has ever done any kind of yard work. I'm doing it more for the meditative hobby than for the end result, but I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying this for the next few months...
2 comments:
kudos! I crave a yard again.
i just realized i haven't ever seen where you live. weird!
so so so so happy to see you on friday! you rule.
Post a Comment