I have a blog now. Yippy!
Don pointed out to me (as he so often does) that technology can make my life better. Or in this case, rather, it can make my friend's lives easier in that they can just subscribe to my blog and not have to bother with that whole opening and reading an email thing...
Anywho. I'll give this a shot. Don't expect anything staggeringly insightful, or with regular timing... but I hope you enjoy it, just the same.
I'll leave you with some book recommendations. Things I have read (or re-read) in the past year. If any of the titles strike you, let me know-- I'd be happy to tell you more about it.
"The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao", by Junot Diaz
"A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius", by Dave Eggers
"Ishmael", by Daniel Quinn (you especially, Don)
"A Confederacy of Dunces", by John Kennedy Toole
"My Year of Meats", by Ruth Ozeki
2 comments:
Ishmael changed the way I think about the world. A Confederacy of Dunces made me laugh in a way that few books have been able to achieve. Good recommendations.
--beth
i found you!
Post a Comment